- The Academy offers a broad and innovative curriculum which is accessible to students of all aptitudes and abilities.
- There is a wide range of subjects, including an expanded vocational offer. This enables the students to develop creatively through music, art and design, drama and dance, physically through competitive sport and physical recreation and spiritually through religious, moral and citizenship education.
- Comprehensive and innovative extra-curricular activities motivate and encourage higher achievement and build a strong sense of community, as well as extend opportunities to enable students to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into further or higher education, training and work.
- The Academy has places for 950 students.
- The Academy offers a Grammar Stream for selected students in year 9 who have demonstrated that they can benefit from an accelerated curriculum with additional features.
- The Academy has a fully inclusive Admissions Policy in place.
- The Academy ethos is based on the Christian values of respect, loyalty, truth, trust and integrity. Those of all faiths and none are welcome and Woodard Schools openly encourage understanding, diversity and tolerance for all.
- The Academy has an ethos and expectation of personal responsibility and self-discipline, excellent behaviour, high levels of attendance and punctuality and a natural and positive respect for others.