SIMS Student App - FAQ
- What email address is used to send the invitation?
The invitation email will be sent to your school email address. You can log in here: School Email Login
- What do I need to do in order to be able to use the Student App?
First check if you have received your invitation email. If yes, follow the instructions in it, you have to register. You can find more information about registration here: SIMS Student App - Registration.
Then you can choose to use the web version of the App. You can find more information about the web version further down below.
Or install the App on your smart phone. You can find more information about the App installation here: SIMS Student App - Installation.
- What do I need to do if my first registration didn’t work?
Please go and speak to IT. Your invitation will be resend to you school email enabling you to re-register.
- There are so many options at registration, can I use SIMS ID?
|No. Unfortunately the SIMS ID option is not available. Please register with the remaining options for example with a Facebook, Google, Microsoft or Twitter account.
It is also very important to note that the SIMS ID and SIMS Learning Gateway accounts are completely separate.
- I haven't received the invitation email. What should I do?
As of yet, no invitation has been emailed to students. We are preparing the system and will email invitations in the next couple of weeks.
- Can the Student App be accessed on a laptop or home computer as well? (Web version)
Yes. The Student App can be accessed via the App on a smart phone or website here: https://www.sims-student.co.uk
The web version looks identical to what the App itself looks like. In school you'll only be allowed to use the web version.
- I was able to use Student App until now but suddenly it doesn't let me log in.
We don’t manage the login details for the new Student App now. You should be able to sign in using your own logins that you used at registration. These logins could be your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft. So for example if you registered with your Facebook account then you login to the Student App with your Facebook username and password. If the App doesn’t let you log in please try the following:
- Do you remember which account of yours (Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft) you originally registered with? You can only login using those account usernames and passwords.
- Log in on the Student App website at https://www.sims-student.co.uk/ or there’s a link on the front page of the academy website at www.saa.woodard.co.uk with your registered account (Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft). Does it let you log in? If not please check that you can log in to your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft account as the Student App uses those credentials. If you don’t remember these login details you’ll have to reset your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft account passwords.
- If you can login on the Student App website then you can move on to try the Student App on your smart phone. Please make sure that the Student App is installed on your mobile. You can find more information about the App installation here: Student App - Installation
- Please make sure that the Student App any browser apps are closed and not running. Start the Student App and try signing in again. Does it work this time?