Uniform and Equipment
All students are expected have the following pieces of equipment on them at all times to be prepared for their lessons.
- Pencil case
- Pens (black/blue and green)
- Calculator (scientific)
At the Academy, our uniform items can be purchased through School Colours Direct. The blazer, tie, kilt are avaliable for purchase on School Colours Direct.
You will need to set up a new account to log in, but if you do need any historical information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to order uniform items:-
- Go to www.schoolcoloursdirect.co.uk/customer_groups/choose_group/16 , go to School Finder and choose St Augustine Academy from the list.
- Orders need to be placed online by 9am on 1st and 3rd WEDNESDAY of the month, to be in the school delivery the next working day.
- Items can be delivered directly to your home but prices will include a delivery fee
- When ordering uniform on-line to be delivered to the Academy, please can you include your child's name in the Delivery Address.
- If you prefer to collect your items from the Academy, there is no delivery fee and orders are delivered on 1st and 3rd Thursdays in the month. The office will email you and you can collect between the hours of 8:00 and 16:00. In July, our last delivery will be Thursday 20 July.
- During the summer holidays, you can collect your order between the hours of 8:30 and 14:00 on Tuesday to Fridays only, but please wait for your email to notify you that the order has arrived before you collect it. We have two deliveries scheduled in the summer; Thursday 17th and Thursday 24th August. Orders placed after 20 August will need to be delivered to your home.
- We ask for identification when you collect your order.
- For any enquiries about your uniform order, please go to Contact Us on the School Colours Direct web shop: email@example.com and you must quote St Augustine Academy, the name on the order and the order number
- When selecting garments required on the web shop, it is always best to also select gender and product type for them to appear in a more logical order on screen
Please refer to the table (in the downloads below) for specifications and guidelines.
To ensure you order the correct size of uniform items, please click on the download below 'guide to uniform measuring.'
The Academy reserves the right to deem what is appropriate uniform.
If in doubt please contact the Academy for clarification before purchasing items for school wear.
The Academy is offering these bags with the Academy logo. They are not a compulsory requirement but would complement the Academy uniform.
*Messenger bag -£12.50
(similar to a laptop bag with a shoulder strap)
*Smaller backpack -£15.00
(smaller capacity without rubberised base)
See download below for a complete list of the Academy uniform and PE kit
School Bag: All students must carry a suitable size school bag everyday which will allow them to carry all of their daily required equipment and A4 exercise books. Handbags and boot bags are not suitable for everyday use.
Shoes: Plain black leather, not canvas. The sole should be no more than 1cm in depth and the heel should not exceed 3cm in height measured from the back of the shoe. No sling backs, open toed shoes, boots or trainers, including shoes that look like trainers are to be worn in the Academy.
Jewellery: No form of jewellery is allowed in the academy (except one pair of small studs). This includes bracelets, ear rings, nose studs, eyebrow piercings, lip studs, ear stretchers or any form of retainer. Watches may be worn. Please note: Failure to comply with jewellery rules will lead to confiscation of the item. The item will be returned at the end of term to a responsible adult. The Academy is not responsible for the loss of jewellery items.
Hats and hoodies: Not to be brought into the Academy and will be confiscated if worn inside the building. Parents will be required to collect confiscated items. Hats may be worn outside the building to provide protection in cold weather. No caps are to be worn.
Coats: Not to be worn in the Academy building. Coats can be worn whilst travelling to and from school and during breaks when the students are outdoors. Coats should be plain and practical.
Headwear: Must not obscure the face and should be plain black or white with no patterns or symbols.
- Long sleeve/coloured t-shirts should not be worn under white shirts.
- Nail varnish and false acrylic nails are not permitted and students will be asked to remove these if worn.
- If hair is dyed, it should be done using subtle natural colours. Extreme hair styles are not permitted, including grade 1 haircuts and tramlines.
- No student should wear a cardigan or a non-Academy jumper.
- Large fashion belts and large hair bows are not permitted.
- Make up, if worn should be discreet. Students will be asked to remove excess make up.