We have worked with some of the students to produce a stylish, modern and professional uniform which the academy and community can be proud of - we hope you like it. Moreover, we have carefully chosen uniform items that are readily available, at a reasonable price, from several high street stores.
The following uniform items will only be available to order from School Colours Direct:
- Long sleeve V-neck jumper
- Long sleeve rugby shirt
- Academy hoodie
- PE polo shirt
Ties can be purchased from the Academy and also may be ordered from School Colours Direct
How to order uniform items
- Go to http://www.staugustineaca.schoolcoloursdirect.co.uk/SCD-St-Augustine-Academy/ and order the items you require
- Orders need to be placed online by 10.00am WEDNESDAY of the week before delivery
- Orders can take up to 2 weeks to be delivered
- Items can be delivered directly to your home but prices will include a delivery fee
- When ordering uniform on-line to be delivered to the Academy, please can you include your child's name in the Delivery Address.
- If you prefer to collect your items from the Academy, there is no delivery fee and orders are delivered on 1st and 3rd Thursdays in the month. The office will email you and you can collect between the hours of 8:00 and 16:30.
- For any enquiries about your uniform order, please go to Contact Us on the School Colours Direct web shop: email@example.com and you must quote St Augustine Academy, the name on the order and the order number
Please refer to the table below for specifications and guidelines.
The Academy reserves the right to deem what is appropriate uniform
If in doubt please contact the Academy for clarification before purchasing the uniform.
The Academy is offering these 3 smart bags with the Academy logo. They are not a compulsory requirement but would complement the Academy uniform.
Messenger bag -£12.50
(similar to a laptop bag with a shoulder strap)
Smaller backpack -£15.00
(smaller capacity without rubberised base)
XL backpack -£30.00
(heavy duty backpack with rubberised base)
The bags can be paid for through WisePay, and collected from Reception.
|Item||Uniform Specifications and Guidelines|
|Academy Blazer||Grey blazer with the Academy logo|
|Academy Kilt||Girls have a choice of the Academy Kilt or black trousers (see below)|
Girls: Black tailored, straight or boot cut. No jeans, skinny, flared or stretch trousers
Boys: Straight black
|Socks / Tights||
Boys: White or black socks
Girls with trousers: black socks or black pop socks
Girls with kilts: black tights or black knee length socks
|Shirt (must include a top button)||White, long or short sleeved|
Academy Long Sleeved V Neck Jumper
|Grey with purple stripe around collar + Academy logo|
|Academy Tie*||In one of 3 Chapter colours: teal, purple and green|
Black leather shoes not boots or trainers
An apron* is required for practical subjects - Black with Academy logo
|Item||Uniform Specifications and Guidelines|
Black hoodie with Academy logo for use outside as the outer layer for PE in winter
Academy Sports Rugby/Football Top
Black long sleeved with purple panels and Academy logo
|Academy Sports Polo Shirt||
Black short sleeved with purple panels and Academy logo for indoor use and outdoor (the white tops are being phased out and replaced with black)
|Optional Tracksuit Trousers||Plain black, no badges, logos or stripes|
|Sports Shorts||Plain Black|
|Sports Socks & Trainers||Plain Black|
* This item can be purchased through School Colours Direct and from the Academy.
Shoes: Plain black leather, not canvas. The sole should be no more than 1cm in depth and the heel should not exceed 3cm in height measured from the back of the shoe. No sling backs, open toed shoes, boots or trainers, including shoes that look like trainers are to be worn in the Academy.
Jewellery: No form of jewellery is allowed in the academy. This includes bracelets, ear rings, nose studs, eyebrow piercings, lip studs, ear stretchers or any form of retainer. Watches may be worn. Please note: Failure to comply with jewellery rules will lead to confiscation of the item. The item will be returned at the end of term to a responsible adult. The Academy is not responsible for the loss of jewellery items.
Hats and hoodies: Not to be brought into the Academy and will be confiscated if worn inside the building. Parents will be required to collect confiscated items. Hats may be worn outside the building to provide protection in cold weather. No caps are to be worn.
Coats: Not to be worn in the Academy building. Coats can be worn whilst travelling to and from school and during breaks when the students are outdoors. Coats should be plain and practical.
Headwear: Must not obscure the face and should be plain black or white with no patterns or symbols.
- Long sleeve/coloured t-shirts should not be worn under white shirts.
- Nail varnish and false acrylic nails are not permitted and students will be asked to remove these if worn.
- If hair is dyed, it should be done using subtle natural colours. Extreme hair styles are not permitted, including grade 1 haircuts and tramlines.
- No student should wear a cardigan or a non-Academy jumper.
- Large fashion belts and large hair bows are not permitted.
- Make up, if worn should be discreet. Students will be asked to remove excess make up.