St Augustine Academy admits 150 pupils into Year 7. The Sponsor is committed to an Admissions Policy that provides education for all children. Admissions and oversubscription criteria are consistent with other maintained schools in Kent and are explained in the Kent County Council admissions booklet.
The Academy fully complies with the School Admissions Code of Practice and the School Admission Appeals Code of Practice as these apply to maintained schools. In the event that there are too few places available to satisfy all applications, places are allocated according to the following oversubscription criteria:
- Children in Local Authority care
- Current family associations (i.e. brother or sister in the school at the time of entry)
- Nearness of children's homes to the school
We have spaces available for year 7 for September 2021, so please complete an In Year Casual Admission Form. We do not expect any parent to have to go through the appeals process, as we have pupil spaces.
Dates of application process for September 2021:-
- Monday 2 November 2020 - You must have applied for schools by this date, either online or by returning Kent’s Secondary Common Application Form (SCAF) to Kent Admissions.
- Monday 1 March 2021 - Offers of school places will be sent out. Email messages will be sent after 4pm to parents who applied online, and letters will be posted first class.
- Monday 15 March 2021 - If you want your child’s name put on the waiting list for any school you named on the SCAF but were not offered, you should let Kent County Council know by this date. You must also let the school you have been offered know whether or not you are accepting the place by this date.
- Friday 26 March 2021 - If you want to appeal for a place at any school you named on the SCAF but were not offered, you should do so by this date.
- Wednesday 21 April 2021 - Any vacant places will be reallocated by Kent County Council, using the schools’ waiting lists.
- After 21 April 2021 - Waiting lists will be maintained by schools who will fill vacancies as they arise. Parents who have already received an offer of a school place can approach schools directly. If you have moved to Kent too late to be included in the co-ordinated process, you should contact the Admissions Team, who will assist you in finding a school place.
- *More guidance will follow about the appeals procedure as due to the Coronavirus, as these dates can't be adhered to.
If your child is due to start secondary school in September 2021 you can appeal between 1 March and 26 March 2021 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by *17 June 2021. For applications made in the normal admission round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 schools days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 schools days of the appeals being lodged. For more information please see the KCC - Determined Secondary Scheme 2020/2021 document below.
Where parents have lodged an appeal against the refusal of a place and a place becomes available at the school, the place can then be offered without an appeal being heard, provided there are no other applicants at that time ranked higher on the Academy’s waiting list, which is held in accordance with the academy’s oversubscription criteria.
St Augustine Academy have made the decision not to include the proposed new criterion relating to children adopted from care outside of England to our admission oversubscribed criteria. This is following the Local Authority’s decision not to include it in their criterion.
In Year casual admissions: if you are moving into the area or want to change schools, parents should complete an In Years Casual Admission form obtainable from Kent County Council and return to St Augustine Academy. Please find the form below.
|Our Academy - Admissions||Date|
|KCC - Determined Secondary Scheme - 2020/2021||19th Jun 2019||Download|
|KCC - In Year Admission Form||06th Sep 2019||Download|
|Scheme Statement||08th Feb 2021||Download|
|FAQs for School Appeals||08th Feb 2021||Download|
|Secondary appeal form 2021||24th Feb 2021||Download|
|St Augustine Academy Admission Arrangements September 2022||21st May 2021||Download|
|St Augustine Academy Admission Arrangements September 2021v2||21st May 2021||Download|