St Augustine Academy admits 150 pupils into Year 7. The Sponsor is committed to an Admissions Policy that provides education for all children. Admissions and oversubscription criteria are consistent with other maintained schools in Kent and are explained in the Kent County Council admissions booklet.
The Academy fully complies with the School Admissions Code of Practice and the School Admission Appeals Code of Practice as these apply to maintained schools. In the event that there are too few places available to satisfy all applications, places are allocated according to the following oversubscription criteria:
- Children in Local Authority care
- Current family associations (i.e. brother or sister in the school at the time of entry)
- Nearness of children's homes to the school
We have spaces available for our new year 7 in September 2021, so please complete an In Year Casual Admission Form and send to email@example.com. We also have a few places in other years - please contact our admissions department on the email address above.
Dates of application process for September 2022:-
- Monday 1 November 2021 - You must have applied for schools by this date, either online or by returning Kent’s Secondary Common Application Form (SCAF) to Kent Admissions.
- Tuesday 1 March 2022 - Offers of school places will be sent out. Email messages will be sent after 4pm to parents who applied online, and letters will be posted first class.
- Tuesday 15 March 2022 - If you want your child’s name put on the waiting list for any school you named on the SCAF but were not offered, you should let Kent County Council know by this date. You must also let the school you have been offered know whether or not you are accepting the place by this date.
- Monday 28 March 2022 - If you want to appeal for a place at any school you named on the SCAF but were not offered, you should do so by this date.
- Tuesday 26 April 2022 - Any vacant places will be reallocated by Kent County Council, using the schools’ waiting lists.
- After 26 April 2022 - Waiting lists will be maintained by schools who will fill vacancies as they arise. Parents who have already received an offer of a school place can approach schools directly. If you have moved to Kent too late to be included in the co-ordinated process, you should contact the Admissions Team, who will assist you in finding a school place.
In Year casual admissions: if you are moving into the area or want to change schools, parents should complete an In Years Casual Admission form obtainable from Kent County Council and return to St Augustine Academy. Please use the downloadable form below.
If your child is due to start secondary school in September 2022 you can appeal between 1 March and 25 March 2022 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by 21 June 2022. For applications made in the normal admission round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 schools days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 schools days of the appeals being lodged. For more information please see the KCC - Determined Secondary Scheme 2022/2023 document below.
Where parents have lodged an appeal against the refusal of a place and a place becomes available at the school, the place can then be offered without an appeal being heard, provided there are no other applicants at that time ranked higher on the Academy’s waiting list, which is held in accordance with the academy’s oversubscription criteria.
St Augustine Academy have made the decision not to include the proposed new criterion relating to children adopted from care outside of England to our admission oversubscribed criteria. This is following the Local Authority’s decision not to include it in their criterion.