The Academy fully complies with the School Admissions Code of Practice and the School Admission Appeals Code of Practice as these apply to maintained schools. In the event that there are too few places available to satisfy all applications, places are allocated according to the following oversubscription criteria:
- Children in Local Authority care
- Current family associations (i.e. brother or sister in the school at the time of entry)
- Nearness of children's homes to the school
We have a few places in other years - please contact our admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates of application process for September 2023:-
- Tuesday 31 October 2023 - You must have applied for schools by this date. Please click on the 'St Augustine Academy Admissions Arrangements September 2024' document in the Downloads section below and follow the link on p.2 www.kent.gov.uk/ola to apply online.There is no paper form this year.
- Friday 15 March 2024 - Offers of school places will be sent out. Email messages will be sent after 4pm to parents.
- Wednesday 15 March 2023 - If you want your child’s name put on the waiting list for any school you named on the SCAF but were not offered, you should let Kent County Council know by this date. You must also let the school you have been offered know whether or not you are accepting the place by this date.
- Thursday 28 March 2024 - If you want to appeal for a place at any school you named on your application but were not offered, you should do so by this date.
- Thursday 25 April 2023 - Any vacant places will be reallocated by Kent County Council, using the schools’ waiting lists.
- After 26 April 2024 - Waiting lists will be maintained by schools who will fill vacancies as they arise. Parents who have already received an offer of a school place can approach schools directly. If you have moved to Kent too late to be included in the co-ordinated process, you should contact the Admissions Team, who will assist you in finding a school place.
In Year casual admissions: if you are moving into the area or want to change schools, parents should complete an In Years Casual Admission form obtainable from Kent County Council and return to St Augustine Academy. Please use the downloadable form below.
If your child is due to start secondary school in September 2023, you can appeal if you are refused a place at one of your preferred schools on National Offer Day (Friday 1 March 2024).
You must submit your appeal before Thursday 28 March 2024 for it to be considered by Friday 21 June 2024. Any appeals received after this time will be heard within 40 school days from the deadline, or where reasonably possible in line with updated guidance from the Department for Education.
For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged where reasonably possible in line with updated guidance from the Department for Education.
Where parents have lodged an appeal against the refusal of a place and a place becomes available at the school, the place can then be offered without an appeal being heard, provided there are no other applicants at that time ranked higher on the Academy’s waiting list, which is held in accordance with the academy’s oversubscription criteria.
St Augustine Academy have made the decision not to include the proposed new criterion relating to children adopted from care outside of England to our admission oversubscribed criteria. This is following the Local Authority’s decision not to include it in their criterion.