What is Home Learning?
The home learning schedule at St Augustine Academy is currently under review.
Principles of Home Learning at St Augustine Academy
· At KS3 home learning is routinely set for core, Ebacc and RE subjects only
English use Bedrock Learning, Maths use Sparx and Science use Educake
· KS3 teachers outside of Ebacc may set home learning which should be recorded in student planners
· At KS4 there is one activity per week per subject – except PSHE and Careers
· Each activity should last 30 – 40 minutes
· Activities should be meaningful, challenging and focussed on the curriculum and progress
· Set activities may be aimed at retention/revision/reinforcement of key learning from each week