Year 11 Transitioning to Post 16
ACTION FOR YEAR 11 STUDENTS
It is time to start ordering your application preferences. Please watch the video below to show you how to do this via KentChoices.
Key Information for Year 11:
- Ensure students have a sensible personal email address (not the school email) which they use for applications and to check regularly as all communication from college/6th Form/job applications is done through email now.
- Get familiar with the Kent Choices website – to let Mrs Parsons or Mr Muir know if you have lost or do not have your username or password.
- Most applications to 6th Form will need to be done through Kent Choices unless the school requests that you apply directly through them. Colleges can be applied to through Kent Choices or directly through the college website.
- Students to make sure they have considered a back -up plan in case of not meeting entry requirements/courses not being run/oversubscribed etc.
- Most open events for school 6th Forms have now taken place. If this was missed, still apply as you can contact the school and try to arrange a tour at another time or when called for interview. Colleges will have their second round of open events Jan – March time so check websites or Kent Choices for dates.
Key Websites for further and ongoing support:
www.kentchoices.com – gives you all the background information you will need to help you plan your next steps and provides you with the links to local school 6th Forms, colleges and apprenticeship providers.
KentChoices User Guide & Recordings of Webinars
Click here to view a quick overview video on KentChoices and how to use the site. You can also find recordings of recent webinars including Parent and Carer Evenings and College Information Sessions.
Researching Careers: Make use of the websites below to support you in your career planning:
JED Database: Great career matching quiz and lots of easily accessible information for every step of your career journey.
Visit www.careersoft.co.uk and then click on the ‘sign in’ icon. On the sign in page – enter the Access Code – Q5m3af75
- Your choices : Year 11 and post 16
- Routes to different qualifications and job sectors
- Research different careers by job sector or by favourite subject
- Online quiz to help match you to potential job sector areas
- Browse job profiles by career sector or by name
- Heaps of useful Higher education (University) information.
- More in depth quizzes - Job Match and Career Planner.
If there is anything you are unsure of regarding what we have discussed then please do come and see Mrs Parsons who is available in school every day 9am – 2pm Tuesday - Friday.